Following the reallocation of O2’s sponsorship, the RFU have elected to support the more adaptive TOUCH UNION.
The guidelines & variations of play are outlined here:- The Touch Union Rules
At TWRFC we will be looking to run Touch Union as open & relaxed sessions focused on the social #oneCLUB aspect with Vets, Senior & Social Players from both the men’s & women’s sections within the club playing together as #oneTWRFC.
A Quick Summary of our Adapted Play is:-
- Ideally the game will be played with a minimum of 6-a-side up to maximum of 10-a-side
- The Attacking team’s objective is to score a try by touching the ball down on or over the opponent’s goal line
- Rules of play, player numbers and pitch size can be adapted to meet the needs of the participants as per the document above.
- Dummy Half Rule is in play (if they are caught it’s turn over)
- Dummy Half should pass from the ground. The moment you pick the ball up or have it passed to you off the ground, the ball is in play so you are fair game!
- No Touch & Pass…..however close – Just take the Touch, we’re playing unlimited! 🙄
- ALL defenders 2m back from Touch so there is a clear off side line.
Traditional ‘O2’ Touch following England Touch Association rules will continue under Titan Touch as they work towards playing competitive/competition Touch.